Saturday, October 10, 2009

Los Bells




The Maroon Bells is the gnarliest-looking peak in the Aspen area, and blows you away even from the road. Having been in town for eight months and not seen it, I took a lazy Saturday to check it out. Once up close, the whole area is full of wild peaks, the kind that make you lose your sense of space, and you can't tell if the peaks are 1,500 feet of vert or 4,000. While my Air Force Ones were serving as pretty piss-poor hiking boots, I was able to hike out to Crater Lake and make some decent photos.


The light was pretty tough to work with; this one didn't turn out so hot but you get the idea. Huge.






Down on the beach.






Some of the peaks back there looked like what I imagine the Alps to look like.

This elevator drop was pretty easy to spot, I bet Davenport's done it. Think I'll pass.

But if you really want to get your gnarly boots on this winter, consider this line. Can't imagine the vert, but you'd be spending about half of it in no-fall chutes. No bogans allowed.


No comments:

Post a Comment