Friday, October 9, 2009

1st Inning

With all the mulitudes of ways to introduce this blog, I might as well just start with the most recent thing that happened to me:

I went up to Independence Pass yesterday after work with my Bulgarian neighbors Pavlik and Villi. Pretty sketchy trying to get in some turns in after leaving town at 4:15 pm and having to drive about 4,000 feet up. I spied some legit looking shots in the distance, but given that we started hiking at 5 and Pavlik was suffering from an Eastern European-serious smoker's lung, we didn't get far. He's gotta quit that shit before the season if he thinks he can bootpack Highlands for 15 days to get a free season pass. So we skied that bunny stuff and you could barely make a turn, but damn it was good being back on skis, felt like living again. On the way back, which went unfilmed, there was a super (for October) fun snowfield with barely enough snow to cover the shrubs, but with my busted Rossi BC rock skis, I busted down after a slew of poll plants, and then had enough speed to make some legit sliding turns on some crust and ollie off of some "windlips." Felt like a kid again. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment